EYE EXAMINATION & EYE-CHECK REQUIREMENT (CONTACT LENS)
Disposable contact lenses are medical devices in Singapore and patients are subjected to a mandatory eye examination according to the local regulation (Professional Practice Guideline for Optometrist E 4.1.2.) A mandatory eye examination with contact lens fitting required for all new contact lenses wearer irregardless existing or new customer of W Optics. To be done with our certified optometrist at any W Optics stores.
A. MY ACCOUNT
1. How do I register?
To place an order, you will have to create an account. Follow these steps to get yourself registered.
- Click on “My Account & Register”.
- Fill up the mandatory details.
- A confirmation email will be sent to your email for verification. Now, you are all ready to start shopping.
2. I can’t log into my account / Forgot password.
- You will have to use the same email address and password that have registered with.
- If you have lost or forgotten your password, click on ‘forget password’ and you will be directed to a reset password page.
- If the problem still persists, you can contact us via ‘Contact Us’ form on our website. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try our best to assist you as soon as we can!
B. MY ORDER
3. Can I make an order by phone?
Currently our e-commerce platform only accepts online purchases only.
4. What do I need before placing an order for contact lenses?
You will need to have an up to date(12 months validity) prescription from your eye care professional.
- Existing W Optics customer & contact lenses wearer: Please select *Follow Prescription* option in the ‘Power’ drop-down selection.
- New W Optics customer & existing contact lenses wearer: Please provide a prescription slip provided by your eye care professional with the following 5 requirements in order for us to validate the prescription. (1) Optometrist Name, (2) Shop name, (3) Date of Prescription, (4) Prescription Power (5) Signature of Optometrist.
- Do note that your prescription may not correlate to your preferred contact lens prescription. If you are unsure, please opt-in for an eye-check. The eye-check fee is included in all online contact lens purchase.
- A mandatory eye examination which consists of contact lens fitting required for all new contact lenses wearer irregardless existing or new customer of W Optics. Eye examination fee included on all online purchases of 2 boxes contact lenses onwards.
5. How to submit my Prescription Slip for my order?
- Kindly email in your Prescription Slip provided by your eye care professional to email@example.com along with your 4 digit Order Number ‘#XXXX’ and our optometrist will reach out to you to validate.
- If our optometrists are unable to validate the Prescription Slip provided by you, it is required for you to visit any of our stores of an eye-check before we can dispense and fulfill your order.
6. How to obtain my prescription?
- Do place your order first and we will reach out to you once your order has been made with successful payment.
- One of our optometrists will reach out to you via phone call or SMS to arrange the necessary eye-check or eye examination (if required or requested).
- When placing an order, simply enter the necessary contact lens details and follow the step by step instructions guiding you through the selection process.
It is highly recommended to opt-in for an eye-check with our optometrist upon order confirmation if you are getting a (1)new type of contact lenses that you have not worn before (2)unsure of your prescription or (3)simply wish to have an eye-check done at any W Optics stores.
It is a mandate to have your eye examine before purchasing contact lenses if you are a new wearer. (Professional Practice Guideline for Optometrist E 4.1.2.)
7. How can I collect my order?
There are 2 options available:
- Self Collection from any W Optics
- Delivery to Door
*Do take note that failed delivery attempts, you will have to collect it from W Optics.
8. I made a mistake entering my prescription. What do I do?
Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to assist you. *Do note that any cancellation/ corrective action request can only be made within 24 hours upon order placed.
9. My order is not here yet. Who should I contact?
Simply email email@example.com and we will revert back to you soonest with an update within 24 hours.
10. What if no one is at home to receive the parcel?
11. Do you sell authentic products?
Yes, all products are directly purchased from the official manufacturers.
12. Can I use my glasses prescription when ordering contact lenses?
No, you can’t, because there may be a slight variance in the readings due to different vertex distance.
13. Can I have mix products in an order?
Yes, you may.
14. Will trial lenses be delivered to customer together with the contact lenses?
No, trial lenses are required to be collected at the store only.
15. How do I use my discount code?
Simply enter the code on the cart or checkout page after selecting your preferred products.
16. What payment methods are offered?
Paypal, Credit/Debit Card.
17. Can I buy online safely?
Of course! We are here to ensure our customers that all transactions involving sensitive information (Credit Card, PayPal) occur within a secure environment. Our payment system makes use of bank grade SSL security encryption. We do not retain your credit card information after your order is complete. Rather, it is submitted directly to the banks. You can rest assured that with each purchase, your credit card or bank account information will be 100% secure.
18. Are my private details secure at W Optics?
Yes! You can be sure of that. We guarantee you’ll have a secure transaction with us as we only use your personal details for order processing purposes and will never share any of the information to any third party. The information we collect will be strictly for the usage of W Optics on fulfilling the order.
19. How do I cancel my order / change my order after payment has been made?
Any cancellation/ corrective action request can only be made within 24 hours of placing an order. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to assist you.
20. I am having trouble making a payment with my credit card.
If you receive an error message about your credit/debit card failure, please check that the 16 digit credit card number, expiry date and CV code are entered correctly. If you still receive an error message after validation and a second attempt, try making the payment with an alternative card. For further assistance on your card error, please contact the issuing bank of your credit/debit card.
E. DELIVERY & RETURNS
SINGAPORE COVID-19 PHASE 2 NOTICE
Do note that there will be a slight delay in the delivery of contact lenses during this period. We will work our best to fulfill your order within the stipulated time.
21. Do you deliver worldwide?
International shipment is currently not available.
22. What is the delivery time and cost?
Delivery may take 3 to 4 business days*. Free delivery with purchase of 4 boxes or more. Self-collection for the purchase of less than 4 boxes. *Business day: Monday-Friday 9am-5:30pm only
23. How do I return an item?
Please refer to our Return Policy.
24. What if I receive a wrong/ damaged item?
Please refer to our Return Policy.
25. When does the 14-day period start for the return period?
You can return the product within 14 days from the date of delivery or from the date of delivery or collection of your product.